The Power of Plants
What is the easiest way to transform your garden? With plants, plants and more plants. Plants can transform any space, from the blank canvas of a new build property to an established garden. In fact, would it even be a garden without plants?
What do we use plants for?
- To create shelter, offer privacy or screen out unwanted views, define boundaries and divide the space within <click here>
- To attract wildlife and pollinators <click here>
- Create a sanctuary
- To add colour and interest <click here>
- To transform a garden <click here>
- To create a themed garden e.g. tropical, Mediterranean, English cottage, urban
- To ensure winter colour and structure <click here>
- To create a focal point or height, drama and atmosphere <click here>
Pleached trees (below) are perfect for creating instant privacy. To find out more about the types of screening plants we have <click here>
The power of plants
Therapists are now prescribing gardening for depression and it's very easy to see why. It gets you outside, forms a connection with nature and gives you a sense of purpose, not to mention, achievement. Successfully caring for plants is very rewarding. Plants know no boundaries; they are accessible to everyone, no matter the size and shape of your garden (you don't even need to own a garden). They offer us a simple way to reconnect with nature, calm a busy mind and focus on the moment.
Many new builds leave the garden a completely blank canvas. By introducing plants into the garden we have created a private space to relax and entertain in whilst encouraging wildlife and pollinating insects.
The right planting scheme can transform a suburban garden into an exotic paradise.
Go big and give back with trees
When you plant a tree you not only create a focal point for your garden you also...
- Remove carbon from the atmosphere
- Food, protection and homes for birds and mammals
- Preserve soil
If you are short on time (or don't have the inclination!) we can plant for you. Our team of experienced landscape gardeners will make sure your ground is prepared to the highest standard and your plants are positioned and staked correctly. They'll leave you with full aftercare instructions and planting warranties. <discover more>
The Big Plant Nursery is open seven days a week, stocking plants of all shapes and sizes <find out more>