If finding enough time for gardening is proving difficult, a gravel garden may be the way forward for you. A good way to create a low-maintenance but visually pleasing garden is by introducing drought-tolerant plants. These plants look great set in gravel which helps keep the moisture in and the weeds down, saving more time.
We created a modern garden with informal gravel planting inspired by our client’s native homeland of Australia.
Get the look with these plants:
- Lophomyrtus x ralphii 'Red Dragon'
- Dicksonia antarctica
- Cistus x argenteus 'Silver Pink'
- Acacia dealabata
- Agapanthus Headborne hybrids
- Astelia 'Silver Shadow'
- Eucalyptus gunnii 'France Bleu'
"A little bit of Australia within a very British Grade II listed cottage"
Elements used to create this look
- Planting inspired by Australia flora
- Low maintenance gravel